Thursday, February 20, 2020

Home Again Family layout for Twitchit Craft Kits

Hi all,

See below the step by step instructions for how I created this layout for Twitchit Craft Kits. Enjoy.


This layout would suite one 4x6 inches photo or two photos 3x4 inches. You could also swap out the chipboard car for a third smaller photo if desired.

Step 1.
For the base I used a full 12x12 tan cardstock #CBHOA109017. 

Step 2.
To this I cut the magnolias B side woodgrain paper at 2 inches from the top on the right and diagonal to 3 inches down on the left.

For the bottom piece I cut, measuring from the diagonal line, 1 inch down on the right and 2 inches down on the left. This should cut a straight line.

Step 3.
I repeated Step 2 with the vases paper CBHOA10901, however I changed the measurements to; 3.5 inches from the left top and 2.5 inches down on the right side. 

The bottom piece I measured from the diagonial line 1.5 from the top left and 2.5 from the top right.


I roughed up all the edges using a distressing tool before adhering down.


Step 4.
To add layers behind the photo I cut apart the journalling cards CBHOA109009. I chose three frames and distress the edges. I included the burlap piece in between  the layers and frayed the edges slightly.


Step 5. Embellishment clusters.
The first embellishment cluster I layered to the right hand side of the photo using the wordboard "This is us..." from the chipboard accents, a flower pot from the element stickers sheet, 2 leaves from the paper die cuts pack and the die cut car from the frames and tags pack.


The second cluster down the bottom right of the page included the scalloped frame and tag from the frames and tags pack, 2 leaves from the paper die cuts pack and topped off with the car from the chipboard accents.


The third and final cluster is placed at the top left of the photo and incorporates the title "family" which is from the mystery pack. Another two pieces from the chipboard accents and two more leaves from the paper die cuts pack. 

This then finishes the layout. 

For more information on the kits available please check out Twitchit Craft Kits at https://www.facebook.com/TwitchitCraftKits/

Happy crafting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment