Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Forever for Craft on the Run


 Hi again,

I'm back again sharing the step by step instructions for how I created this layout featuring the Cerulean Spring collection from 3Quarter Designs.

From my stash I am using white textured cardstock for my base, you could also use watercolour cardstock and Brusho's watercolour crystals in Emerald Green and Prussian Blue and Colbalt Blue along with white acrylic paint, black Staz on ink and Prima Chalk Paste in Buckram Binding and Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo. I also used the Tim Holtz Measured stencil, Kaisercraft 6x6 Stencil words stencil and Uniquely Creative Text stamp.

Step 1. The background.
Spray the cardstock with water.
Sprinkle with Brusho's watercolour crystals.
Spray with water. Watch the magic happen.
Let dry.
Apply white Gesso or white acrylic paint through the stencil words stencil with a make up sponge randomly over the page.
Add stamping with black Staz on ink and a text stamp. 
Again using the make up sponge apply the chalk paste through the Measured stencil.


Step 2. The corrugated card.
Apply a layer of Gesso or white acrylic paint and let dry. I did two layers.
Sprinkle the watercolor crystal randomly over the gesso. 
Activate with a spray of water.
Let dry. I added a second coat.


Step 3. Layers
Adhere the corrugated card onto the background running down the left hand side of the page.
Choose your patterned paper and tear approximately 4inches wide. Distress the edges with the blade of a pair of scissors or distressing tool. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide. Adhere on top of the corrugated card so that the corrugated card is still visible from behind the pattern paper.


Step 3. Make your embellishments.
Fussy cut the elements from the pattern papers.
To build the flowers and leaves I cut them on a big shot die cutting machine with a layered flower dies and a leaf die.
I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide and used a ball stylus to curl the petals. I then layered the flowers together and adhered with wet glue and finished the centre off with a drop of white Nuvo drops.


Step 4. Mat the photo
Offset the layers and distress the edges then ink with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.
Adhere with foam tape for added dimension.
Step 5. Layer the Embellishments.
I heavily embellished the layout with the fussy cut elements and hand made flowers. I used adhesive foam on some and layered others in behind to create a dimension effect.
I used the smaller leaves from the chipboard pieces that I embossed with white embossing powder and heat set.


Step 6. Finish with black splatters.
I flicked some black ink splatters around the page. 


I thoroughly enjoyed working with this collection. It was a great opportunity to get out some mixed media and get a little messy.
I hope I have inspired you in some way.


Visit Craft on the Run at:

For more inspiration check out Kylie's Kreations at:
Instagram: Kyliecoleman50 
Pinterest: https://pin.it/7wbUP2V
Blog: kylieskreations2020.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting everyone 

Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment